A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Monday, July 21, 2014

Frozen style fairy card

I took more pictures in the making of this card so that it could be a bit more detailed and more step by step. My friend, Alicia's birthday was the 18th, and she loves the movie Frozen and she loves fairies. Well, I didn't have either so I made a version of both with the same color palette and some stamps.
I took a small cinderella stamp from my stash and added these butterfly wings to make my winter fairy.
I just stamped both on white paper, colored with coloring pencils and then cut out and added together. The wings have perfect pearls on them to give that shimmer effect. What fairy is not complete without her fairy dust?
I used a fiskers snowflake edge punch on the card and on the edge of the envelope. I used the top shown stamps to make the wintery scene in the background of the card. I used CTMH Artiste collection stamps for sentiment and inside of the card as well as the snowflake punch.
Colors used to stamp was CTMH crystal blue ink and a purple marker. The winter stamp was used twice side by side with the snowflake stamp above to make it appear that our pretty winter fairy is wandering around enjoying the beautiful forest.
 
This was the inside before I wrote my message. I hope my friend, Alicia, had a very Happy Birthday. I was able to have dinner and cake with her the day before. Thank you for stopping by! It would be wonderful if you would follow my blog here. Papers used were from my stash. It would also be helpful to have suggestions on what kinds of things you'd like to see me make here. I am a new consultant for Close to My Heart and I have just placed my first order so brand new fun stuff is on it's way soon! Until then though, I have a few past projects I haven't showed yet. It's my birthday week, so I am celebrating by making and adding as many projects as possible. I am hoping for a project a day until the 24th.
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment