A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Monday, July 28, 2014

DIY Enamel dots

I love the idea of making things myself, especially if it is cheaper. I watched a great tutorial from Racin Crafts blog, http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/2014/06/diy-ennamel-dots-from-pony-beads.html?showComment=1406574187238 and thought I would try it out myself. I put a piece of wax paper down on a cookie sheet and set my oven at 400 degrees. While it was heating up, I spaced out plastic pony beads so there was enough room for them to melt without running together. I ended up baking for about 15 minutes. The only two downsides are they are bigger than what I thought they would be and there were a lot of fumes while they were baking. Finished size I would compare to skittles. Here's what they look like after they were done:
The bottoms of the dots are perfectly flat. I will let you know when I make my card what adhesive works best.



No comments:

Post a Comment