A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Friday, February 6, 2015

Palm tree card and cup

Happy Friday!!  I have a coworker at my full time job that loves palm trees. Her birthday was yesterday. I decorated her cubicle at work. The decorations this time were not too exciting because she left up all the palm tree pictures I had hand cut out of a magazine for her last year. I just added a monkey to the palm tree table decoration I brought a long time ago. Here's the card I made her:


I made the face of this card with my cricut explore and white textured paper. I used my white daisy blank card as the base. I colored the palm tree top with these Touch Twin Markers that CTMH carries: Pastel Green, Vivid Green, Sap Green. I colored the truck of the palm tree with these Touch Twin Markers that CTMH carries: Clay, Mahogany, and Bronze. You can find all these markers along with the rest of the great  Touch Twin Markers that CTMH carries here
For coloring, I used the lightest color first all over each part I was working on. Then I just used the medium and darker markers to put color where I thought naturally it would go. I then went back over the entire piece with the lightest color to blend. I wrote the colors above in order lightest to darkest. I used the blue and the bronze metallic pens from cricut to color the background on the blank card. I cut a circle from printer paper and colored it with Touch Twin markers of golden yellow and added hints of marigold. You can also find these two markers on the above link. I cut the palm tree from the CTMH Artbooking cricut cartridge at 2.5 inches. I have read that vinyl is more durable if it is directly on the object your applying it to. I used the slice feature in design space to cut the palms from the truck, then I cut the palms in light green vinyl and the trunk in gray. I cleaned the cup first with alcohol and let it dry. I used my Touch Twin markers put some detail on the trunk of the palm tree after I transfered the palm and the trunk to the cup. I cut Alyssa out of that pink patterned vinyl I had gotten from a local sign shop. The gray and light green oracl 651 vinyl came from www.expressionsvinyl.com.  Here is the finished cup:



Thank you for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment