A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Sweet 16 card CTMH Artfully Sent

Thank you for stopping by! I made a cute pop up "bug car" shaker card for my cousin's sweet 16. The neat thing about the CTMH Artfully sent cartridge is all the work has been done for you. When you cut out the base, it cuts the pop up part and since I have a Cricut Explore, it also scores the card. I just fold the card and the pop up base comes out. The car gets attached to the pop up part and voila it works like magic! Rectangle banner that says happy and 16 are also from Artfully Sent.  Rectangle frame is from CTMH Artbooking. Bird banner is from Rock Princess.
I cut the card base at 10x7 so that when it is folded, the card is 5 x 7. I used Cricut Design space to figure out the size of my rectangle frame for the front of the card, the happy banner, 16 and sweet banner needed to be. I only needed the banner part of happy, not the frame. I sized the banner to fit in the large rectangle frame and I cut the banner off the frame with scissors. 


I used this glitter plaid paper from dsw(think). It was the laundry day paper pack that I have had a long time. It was not quite the sea glass color my cousin loves so I colored it with a marker. You can see the difference in the above photo.

Above photo is my cuts ready to go on the card. I can not find the finished card picture. I am wondering if I videoed it on my ipad. I made this card months ago, so if I find a video or a finished picture, I will update this post. After the car was attached to the base, I adhered it to the pop up inside part of the card. I applied the happy banner behind the big rectangle frame and then applied a piece of clear plastic to fit the big rectangle frame. This is so the surface where the confetti is will not have anything to catch on. I put thick double sided foam tape on the frame. I filled the frame with sequins and confetti, then I applied the card from to the shaker. Sweet banner was placed on the middle of the completed shaker and the 16 directly under the sweet banner. I hope that you can follow these instructions. Let me know, if you'd like to see a step by step video. The CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut cartridge is full of great content. I have enclosed the link below so that you can see everything on it. It has swing cards, pop up cards, scene cards, pml cards and much more!




No comments:

Post a Comment