A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Oalf frozen card plus preview of June sotm

Hello all! I made this card with the upcoming June 2015 stamp of the month and svg file by Christopher Lopez, a friend that is in a cricut Facebook group.
The finished card measures at 5x7. This card was made for my twin cousins that are 6. One wanted an ice cream card and the other wanted a popsicle card. They both like the movie frozen and I enjoyed watching part of the movie while my aunt nand uncle were driving. I wanted this card to be fun for the 4 of them. I started with lagoon paper and stamped with lagoon ink the ice cream cone and popsicle pattern. Here's a short video of how I did that:


Here's what the finished stamped background looked like:
Oalf was cut all on white card stock so I could use my touch twin markers and get him just the right color.
Here he is in the coloring stage:
Here is a short video of a tip to easily put pop dots on your work:
 
I love how the card turned out and I added some ctmh epoxy bubbles to the right bottom to finish.
I also stamped and cut out the ice cream cone and popsicle stamp. I have enjoyed practising with the touch twin markers that ctmh now carries. For the inside of the card, I stamped and cut more images fromt he June sotm that comes out next june.
Here's what they look after shading with markers and adding to the inside of my card:
 
All Close to My Heart Supplies used:
Shinhan Touch Twin Markers(all but the greens and purple used)
 
I hope you enjoyed this post and found the tips helpful. I love how this card turned out and I had a lot of fun making it. I hope my twin cousins love it. They are such fun girls. I just adore them! I will do a marker coloring tutorial when I feel that I have gotten the hang of it. I just basically colored all the lightest color and built color from there. It's a learning process as I have never used alchol inks before. I do love coloring and I have had a great time with all these great new products. I am about to close my first gathering and I plan to order several of these August Picture my life specials. I have never ordered them before, but I have gotten to preview what my CTMH friends have gotten and so I know it will be so much fun and easy. All the guess work has been taken care of.
Here's the specials this month that I am excited about!

Picture Perfection

Your picture-perfect pocket scrapbooking adventure awaits!

August 2014: Picture Perfection

Choose from 1 of 8 Memory Protectors™ designs!

During the month of August, when you purchase any of the 13 available Picture My Life™ scrapbooking programs featured in the 2014–2015 Annual Inspirations idea book at their full retail price of $24.95 USD / $27.50 CAD, you are eligible to add your choice of 1 of 8 qualifying Memory Protectors™ 10-packs for just $3 (USD & CAD)! Each Picture My Life scrapbooking program already includes a coordinating 10-pack of Memory Protectors, so when you add your additional 10-pack for only $3 you will be well on your way to your own picture-perfect pocket scrapbooking adventure!
Contact me for more details.
*Offer valid August 1–31, 2014 while supplies last

Stamp of the Month

August 2014: What a Hoot

fpo
S1408 What a Hoot, set of 17
Recommended Blocks:
1" × 1" (Y1000)
2" × 2" (Y1003)
2" × 3 1/2" (Y1009)
4" × 5" (Y1012)

Beautiful Stamps, Amazing Discounts

Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5— that’s over 70% off retail! When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.

August 2014: What a Hoot (S1408)

Spend $50 and get this Stamp of the Month set for just $5.


 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment