A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween office decorating contest winner!!

I won the office decorate your cubicle for Halloween contest. We've had fun events all month!!  Including a pumpkin decorating contest! I will share the picture in tomorrow's post! Here's the outside of my office

Excuse the bag and spring flowers, they were going home with me when I took the pictures. The bottom of the cubicle wall has lots of halloween lights and then I placed a halloween plastic tablecloth of children trick or treating. On top of that, is part of my collection of halloween pumpkins and branches that light up. The ghost glow in the dark. The scary skeletons are from party supply store as wall scenes. I added chains from an old grim reaper costume and a few bats that I cut out on my cricut imagine from last year when I decorated for someones halloween themed birthday. Over the entrance, is a plastic scene of a skeleton standing on stairs.
This is the left side of my cubicle. I had my black cat crossing and pictures that change when you move. The black cat with the hat dances to thriller!
As you walk in the entrance, Ther's a door mat and a plastic scene to make it look like going down to another level. I covered the empty office with a hauted house plastic scene.

In my office, I set up a little mantle scene with blood dripping candles and spiderweb table cloth every where. Hanging from the fake mantle is a pumpkin garland I made from toliet paper tubes a few years ago. I talked about how I made that in one of my first few posts.  You can click here to see that post! I covered the bottom of my desk with black tablecloths. Hanging from the ceiling is a plastic scene of a vampire and victim. I also hung creepy skeleton.
The floor has this creepy rat sticker.
My desk top has spider webs all on and around it with black spiders and some goodwill finds of a halloween movie theater, box of witch legs, and a black cat mummy(not pictured). I also have snoppy dressed as a vampire and woodstock dressed as a witch. The covered shelf above my desk, is coved in another plastic scene. I put the pumpkins I grew on top. I put my plants in a cauldon and added a witches hat beside it. Theres a black glitter fake candle stick and my orange pumpkin pail plus a skull candy bowl.
For the last wall in my office, I added more of my bat cut outs. The witch comes on and flashes a green witch face under it and makes noice. I got that last year from hallmark. I made the witch sign from scrap card board and hlloween paterned paper. I printed the image that says "one hour broom parking Violators will be toad". I just glued each piece to the cardboard and then put glue over the top and added lots of glitter! The back is just some halloween ribbon I glued on. The bottom of wall has a makeshift table covered in black table cloth and has a skull plasma light.

 I wish I had the lights on in the pictures because they really add to the spook, but they were not showing up well in the daylight and I am not at work after dark. I might be as keen to stay in my office after dark. Usually every year we have a halloween party for our friends and we use all these decorations to really deck out the house inside and out, but this year we are going to a friends house. It is their first house and they just moved in. We will just get our yard in order for trick or treaters. Every year we deck out the yard with fake tombstones and other kid friendly decor and we play kid friendly halloween music. Halloween is fun to share with friends, family, and kids! I am going to me make some decor for Thanksgiving. It is a very under decorated holiday and lots of my pumpkins will be reused. I plan on making some turkey decoartions and some pilgrims. I am also going to make a lot of thank you cards featuring the amazing pathfinding paper from Close to My Heart. It will seem a bit odd with all these halloween posts to make a Christmas paper blog hop Sat, but I have found a way to show this Yuletide paper will work any season. The point of showing it early is so you can order, if you want it for your christmas cards and decor. I haven't been promoting my business as much, but I have been trying to show great CTMH products. The black bats from today are from CTMH Artiste cartridge. The link to my shop is always located at the top right corner of my blog page. Thank you for reading until the end of this long post.



No comments:

Post a Comment