A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Friday, July 3, 2015

50th anniversary card

My aunt and uncles 50th anniversary is today, so I made them a card. I could not find my cuddle bug. The orginal design I had in mind was a white pattern embossed with swirls and the heart stamped in gold and heat embossed gold, but I couldn't find my heating embossing set either. I cut out a bit of paper from the year noted set CTMH had in January. I used my score board to score lines all the way down the length of paper and then turned it and scored down the other way. It make somewhat of a plaid. Then I used the starburst sticker from that same set and popped it up with scrap chip board. I used cornstarch to take away the extra sticky of the sticker exposed. Then I used liquid glass to glue the gold stamped flower heart to the shiny sticker and I drew a 5 with permanent marker. The card is simple, but I think the patterned paper with the gold was a pretty effect. 50 is the golden anniversary. 

The inside is simple too. I finished this early in the morning. I am in a hurry to go enjoy their party!

No comments:

Post a Comment