A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Damask Divas National Scrapbook Day Blog Hop

Thank you for joining me on another fun Damask Divas Blog Hop!!! You should have come from Jessica. She is the start of our hop today. If you missed her blog, click here. I am so excited to share this paper pack available only for May! It is so fun and bright. CTMH is celebrating National Scrapbooking Month with this beautiful paper pack called "Taste of Summer" for only 8.99. It is 12 paper that is 2 each of 6 different designs. It is hard to see in my photo, but there are beautiful designs on both sides. There's lemons, limes, oranges, and strawberry patterns on the front with dots, chevons, lines, and daisy papers on the back of this paper pack.
There's even a fun stamp set that made that coordinates with this amazing paper for $17.99! I have gotten received my stamp set yet, but here is the picture from CTMH:
 
 I decided to not cut my paper because I wanted to use both sides in my clear page protector. I also used the CTMH Artbooking Circut cartridge for my layout and sentiments, CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge for font, white daisy cardstock, Thistle ink, pink glitter gems, and paper fundamentals speciality cardstock Whimsy Assortment ( Z2033). I started with my design space app for ipad and I quickly located this frame that I cut on my explore to be 11.5 wide by 11.5 height. I didn't have many pictures. I also didn't want to cover up this beautiful paper! So, I decided to leave a lot of blank areas. I could have cut my frame in canary, thistle, or juniper but I thought the white made the paper pop thru more. I love how the new ipad app groups the elements that CTMH intended to corridinate as a scrapbook page together so you can see them as a completed page and also individually. I tend to get stuck when designing scrapbook pages. I spent just 2 minutes to find and size this white frame! What a blessing! This frame set could be dressed up in many different ways or filled full of photos. I love the little border it created around the frame. The pictures are of me and my twin cousins. They are so sweet and thus they inspired the name of the title "Sweet Cousins". Artbooking had this "sweet flag". I resized it to be 7 inches wide.  I cut it out of the whimsy paper fundementals. The color of this is Thistle and I have had it since it's premire and never used it because it was too pretty to cut. Titles for scrapbook pages to me are special and this paper cut perfectly on medium cardstock setting with my explore. The picture does not show it well, but this side of the paper is glossy and has diagonal lines throughout it. I added a few of the pink glitter gems to the side of sweet and also on the four corners of my frame. I used scrap paper from my second layout and I just cut the end to match. "Cousins" was cut from that same paper and the font is CTMH Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge. I had to use my scissors to cut the lines of the frame in the middle that would show thru "sweet" and then I glued my title to the remaining white frame. The photos were standard size and I used the piece that was cut from the inside of the frame as a guide to trim my photo and I made sure there was enough photo to be under the frame border to tape. I used my atg gun and went around just the outside edge of the cut photo. I had some tape that stayed on my surface, but I easily rubbed that off. I lined the frame over my photo and then used my fingers to press around the sides of the frame. I went around the photo and rubbed off any remaining atg with my finger. My atg gunwas the only non CTMH product used.

My second layout was super simple. I found the frame in Artbooking and sized it to 5x7 then I duplicated it. I cut the "capture the details" and "giggles & smiles" sentiment at the same time as the frame all in white daisy. I used my thistle ink pad to sponge over the sentiments and color them. I also went over the edges of all the frames with the sponge and thistle ink. I added more pink glitter gems to the corners and I was done!
 
Here's what the pages look like side by side as they'd be in a scrapbook:

I really enjoyed this project. I will be making more projects with this amazing paper pack (just as soon as I can stand to cut it and not just marvel at it's beauty).
I think this paper would be really fun used in a kitchen decor project. I don't make as many scrapbook pages as I do cards and other projects. I am tempted to order two 12x12 picture frames and frame this up to enjoy everyday. Thank you for stopping by!! I'd love for you to subscribe to my blog, if you haven't already. Next on the blog hop is the fabulous Jennifer !
If you get lost along the way, here's the line up:

Jessica http://craftinandstampin.blogspot.com/2015/04/national-scrapbook-month-damask-divas.html

Me!(you are here)  http://...frommtheheart.blogspot.com/2015/04/damask-divas-national-scrapbook-day.html

Jennifer Dykstra(next up) - http://jddesigns75.blogspot.com/2015/04/damask-divas-taste-of-summer-blog-hop.html

Jenifer Benner - http://jensmessystudio.com/dasmask-divas-may-2015-blog-hop

Traci Williams - http://papercrafting101.blogspot.com/2015/04/damask-divas-taste-of-summer-blog-hop.html

Cydney Fowler - http://cydneyfowlercreations.me/2015/04/30/damask-divas-taste-of-summer-blog-hop/

Felica Tortorici http://paperfascination.blogspot.com/2015/04/taste-of-summer-ctmh-bloghop.html

Damask Divas Team Page http://www.damaskdivas.com/damask-divas-team-taste-of-summer-blog-hop/

I have the pleasure to be on the same Damask Divas team with these awesome ladies. They are incredible talents and the nicest of people! I hope you will try to challenge yourself to make a scrapbook page or two this month and keep the celebration going all month long! April 30th was my 1 year anniversary as a Close To My Heart consultant. It was fun to revisit the Artbooking cartridge that I got just one year ago when I joined. Our cartridges are so great that I canceled my circut subscription for awhile. I haven't used my explore much since I started redoing my craft room.

Thank you for stopping by,
Melissa




3 comments:

  1. Adorable kids and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I love my cousins. They are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pages are just so cute...I actually truly enjoy how the scallop edges just give it that pop!!

    ReplyDelete