A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Monday, December 29, 2014

Iron on vinyl camouflage hat and my awesome cousin

 
 
Happy Monday and thank you for stopping by!!  My cousin, Braden, really likes camouflage and fishing. I brought this hat at a local hunting supply shop and I cut his name out of white iron on vinyl from www.expressionsvinyl.com. The front is cricut alphabet. I played with the sizing until I thought it would be the right size and then I cut it in paper just to test it. The fish is from the subscription. It was my first attempt at iron on vinyl with my explore and it cut perfectly. I had to make sure and reverse the image and name before I cut. I had no trouble weeding out the background. I had issues ironing it since it is a curved surface, but I took my time and put my hand covered in a towel inside the hat while I pressed against the design with the iron. I used the recommended iron setting of highest one that is not steam. You have to cut iron on vinyl with the clear plastic side down on the mat and then after you weed out the part of your design so that only want you want is left, you have to iron with the clear plastic side up and then the heat of the iron will adhere it. This vinyl was easy because I didn't have to wait for it to cool before removing the plastic cover.  The d is not perfect, but with the white in the camouflage, it looked good.
Here's my cousin modeling the hat! I had so much fun making gifts this year!
Thank you for stopping by. There's more cups to come and I finished the scrapbook of the studio J and picture my life sets I gave. I will get to show those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment