A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Friday, September 16, 2016

Stamping, card making, and scrapbooking with children

My cousins are 8 and they really like art. The last time we were together, I taught them how to use Close To My Heart products to make their own cards. They had brought loose pictures of their first communion as a gift for my parents, so I showed them how to each make a scrapbook page. Unfortunately the flamingo stamp set has now retired, but they did so well and had such a good time, that I had to show what they made. I still use my retired CTMH stamps. They last forever. Here is Evelyn showing off her card. She stamped the flamingo body in pixie and the wing in cotton candy. The beak and legs were stamped in slate. She applied the matching washi tape to the bottom.
Here is Alice and her card. She loved the flamingo stamp set too, but she stamped some hearts on her card and added some silver shimmer trim.

I gave them the new With You stamp set from Close to My Heart and a piece of white daisy paper. I let them choose their colors and make their own design. All I did was supervise and cut a mat for their photo. Colors used was sorbet, sweet leaf, thistle, and sapphire. Mats were cut from the retired whimsy fundamental paper on the glossy side.  They did a great job and they loved picking out their photos and using the stamps and ink. Here are the pages in the album.



Here is Alice with her page. She used two different stamps and decided to stamp on the left of the paper. Her photo is matted with pink paper because that is her favorite color.



Here's Evelyn with her finished page. She used just one stamp and all the colors. Her photo is matted in purple because that is her favorite color. CTMH products pair so well together that even though they each chose different colors, they look great together.



 All CTMH products used for these projects. We still have plenty of pictures left to make some more scrapbook pages. I made my parents a scrapbook one Christmas of family events that year. I put these pages in that book and we will just add on until it is filled.  I also know that if we make a scrapbook page together each year and put them in the album, it will be something for them to look forward to flipping thru and looking back on the progress they have made. For their first time stamping, card making, and making a scrapbook page, they did better than I did! I saved my first scrapbook and I remember my first card. The scrapbook pages had too many pictures on a page and it was just a cluttered mess. The beauty of these projects is, if they had made a mistake, starting over would have been fine. I encourage you to try stamping, card making, and scrapbooking with children. I had a lot of fun and they did too. These are simple projects for any age. I hope you are stamping this month and celebrating National Stamping Month! You can order the With You stamp set here and the ink here. Thank you so much for stopping by. Do you craft with children? What kind of products have you made? I would love to hear from you in the comments. These two love to draw, color, and paint.




No comments:

Post a Comment