A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Rosalie's birthday card 2016 edition

I used a retired CTMH picture my life card cut it down and I rounded the corners. I adhered to the top of the base for this card. I rounded the corners of my card as well. I die cut the balloons using a non CTMH die from my stash from paper I had previously watercolored and had done some watercolor splatter on. I took white twine and I cut it to the length longer than the height of the card, then I separated each strand of the twine into single strands. I adhered the balloons how I wanted them and I tied twine to each one, then I pulled the stands to the bottom of the pml and adhered the bottom of the pml card down. That hid the end of the stands and I didn't have to glue down each strand(which would have been harder to do).  I die cut the happy die from CTMH. I used that same watercolored paper I had made previously. I used my CTMH bonding memories glue pen to adhere happy to the card. I stamped birthday wishes from the Birthday Sprinkles stamp set in the lower right corner in CTMH sapphire ink.
The inside of the card was finished with balloons die cut from non ctmh paper. The tails of the twine are tied together in a bow and hidden behind the baseball card. This baseball card was given to me by the sister of a ST Louis Cardinal baseball player that has been playing for the Memphis Red Birds and STL . My cousin Rosalie is a die hard STL fan. When my friend heard that she is such a big fan, she was happy to mail me a signed baseball card from her brother! The bottom of the card was stamped using streamers from the new Way to Go stamp set from CTMH in different colors.  I also used the sprinkle stamp from birthday sprinkles and stamped to make a pattern for the hope it was great hand written sentiment.

I finished the envelope with some washi tape from my stash.

Rosalie loved her card and was excited for the baseball card. Her birthday was in July, but I waited to give her the card until I saw her a few weeks ago, so I could tell her all about meeting a STL player's sister on a recent trip. I did a lot of stamping on this card. It sure was fun!
Where to find CTMH products used:
Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment