A place to display my crafts, card making, scrapbooking, and news

Crafts, cardmaking, scrapbooking, and day to day

Friday, August 29, 2014

Lake decorations for birthday at work

Hello! I live in Tennessee and I grew up near the Tennessee River/Kentucky lake. I spent most of my summer fishing and swimming in the lake there. It's a little city called New Johnsonville. I just loved it. My friend Heather's family has a lake house in Paris, TN and she and her family have had a great time out there. She's not a river rat like me, but thats were she goes to get away. When her birthday came up this year, I knew what I wanted to do for her. So, I cut out all the lake/summer images I could with my cricut explore. I made a banner that hung over her desk and 3d trees to stand around her desk. I also cut out lakes using a paper that looked like waves and had that around the trees. Another coworker added shredded paper for a grass look. Another friend added shells. I think it looked pretty cute. Some of the trees were cut with glitter paper and I used the wood grain stamp from the path finding card making kit to stamp the faux wood grain. The trees with the brown trunks had a tire swing and were not supposed to stand, but I just cut two bases with my explore and cut slits in them and put them together so the base would stand. The banner has flip flops and little round summer themed stamped images along with a lake scene and then I stamped and water colored sailboat to look on the lake. We do get some sailboats on the lake here. This is the same friend, Heather, that I made the sign language happy birthday card for. It just took me awhile to get her office decor post up. Her birthday was 8/18 and we decorated the Friday morning before so she had her decorations early since the 18th was on a Sunday. Hope you enjoy!

Stamp of the Month

August 2014: What a Hoot


fpo
S1408 What a Hoot, set of 17

Recommended Blocks:
1" × 1" (Y1000)
2" × 2" (Y1003)
2" × 3 1/2" (Y1009)
4" × 5" (Y1012)

Beautiful Stamps, Amazing Discounts

Each month you can purchase a new D-size stamp set, available for one month only, for just $5— that’s over 70% off retail! When you place an order of $50 or more in Close To My Heart products, you qualify for this special Stamp of the Month pricing.

August 2014: What a Hoot (S1408)

Spend $50 and get this Stamp of the Month set for just $5.


Picture Perfection

Your picture-perfect pocket scrapbooking adventure awaits!

August 2014: Picture Perfection

Choose from 1 of 8 Memory Protectors™ designs!

During the month of August, when you purchase any of the 13 available Picture My Life™ scrapbooking programs featured in the 2014–2015 Annual Inspirations idea book at their full retail price of $24.95 USD / $27.50 CAD, you are eligible to add your choice of 1 of 8 qualifying Memory Protectors™ 10-packs for just $3 (USD & CAD)! Each Picture My Life scrapbooking program already includes a coordinating 10-pack of Memory Protectors, so when you add your additional 10-pack for only $3 you will be well on your way to your own picture-perfect pocket scrapbooking adventure!
Contact me for more details.
*Offer valid August 1–31, 2014 while supplies last.

No comments:

Post a Comment